- Named after Ancient Dragon of Legends Moorin (More-in)
- Grew up in the Veyrin (vey-rin) mountains in a silver dragonborn society known as Kroach (crow-ch)
- The Kroach people are an older society of 1200 years with their own laws and economy. They did sometimes trade with the town of Tellus which treated their people kindly. They are the only known dragonborn people in the country of Felicia and are not required to pay taxes or service to the King, but are not official citizens. This means that when they were attacked and all but destroyed there is no legal recourse or search for the murders.
- One month ago Kroach was attacked and all but one dragonborn were destroyed. When the raid occurred all dragonborns ran into Kroach tower for protection. A great magic reshaped their stone gate and left Morva, who was the chief gate keeper now trapped in his post by the reshaped stone. Though he attempted to break himself out, by the end of the attack he was only able to complete a large crack in his stone jail. He was able to look through and see the glimpse of by what looked like many hairy beasts running away some wielding weapons and wearing armor. Morva himself was not able to become free for another 10 hours at which point he searched all of his town for living, but all had flesh missing from all over their bodies, even those who appeared to have been bludgeoned to death or killed with other mortal wounds. In all of his searching he found none alive, filled with rage and but overwhelming sorry he climbed to the highest peak of the Veyrin mountains with no hope of life. Upon this peak, known to the people as Hericaza (Hairy-ka-za) or the Dragon’s nose he sat without food or drink for two days. While sitting at Hericaza Morva was jutted away by rushing warm winds that began to melt the snow around him and the mountain rumbled beneath him. In his state of food deprivation, exhaustion, and depression he was unable to fully grip the situation he did not realize the melting snow beneath him turned from water to ice and he lost all traction and began sliding down the side of the mountain unable to stop until he slid to the horizontal plane of a part of town sliding right into a dead body. The body was that of a strong hunter Kelvin (kel-vin) who he knew well. He had seen this body before, but not until now did he notice that the man’s hand was gripping tightly around an object. He found within a circular pendant made of obsidian with a carved out face of the beast and on the reverse side a circle. Maybe he saw this as a sign from his people’s pride, the dragon Moorin, or maybe he saw his first hope in expelling some of his pent up rage on the creatures or peoples who did this to his people, but a new flame of righteous revenge burned within him and warmed his soul. He headed first to Moorin’s grove where he found a young male elk stuck in thick briars who he thanked Moorin for, killed, cooked, and ate offering a portion to Moorin as was the tradition. From here he went to the closest town Tellus (tell-us) and asked around about the pendant sharing his story. Many were outraged to hear, but all were unable to offer direct help in retribution. A human Jeweler who traded often with his people, Belle, asked to see the pendant and put an expensive necklace chain mixed with small precious stones that she traded for from his people on it so he could wear it around his neck. Belle stated that no one in Tellus does obsidian work, but he may be able to find someone in Tribeck. She knows a jeweler Uno who though he does not work in stone might know who does in Tribeck. Morva followed Belvin’s way and has just arrived in Tribeck and is looking for Uno. He does not fit in and many people have never seen a Dragonborn.
- The mountains are adjacent to Moorin’s Grove which is a small forest (though dense only 3×4 miles in size) of wildlife where the people of Kroach regularly hunted for food and left sacrifices and food remains to Morrin.
- According to the stories of the Kroach people Morrin’s Grove is abundant in life because the Moorin’s magic helps them flourish. The common people tell funny stories about the forest being haunted or dangerous, but it is actually very peaceful.
- Tellus is the closest town to the Veyrin Mountains and is found within a large wooded area. It has one inn/bar. Specializes in trading pelts, clothing, meat and lumber. Population is almost exclusively Humans, Elves, and Half Elves. The founder of the Town is Belvin.
- To the West of Veyrin Mountains is a frozen over lake known as Majakir Ryna (Ma-ja-keyr Rina).
- This is draconic for “The Lake that Gives”. It is a lake that provides all of the fish that make up the diet for the Kroach People. Legend is that Moorin was born out of this lake and flew to the Veyrin Mountain. The people use the water to promote health but would never trade it to others and alert outsiders of its use.
- Kektru Path: A difficult path from Tellus that leads to the Hollow Valley. It is a path only known through the mind’s eye and those who’ve tried to create maps of it always end up lost. It is a niche Job to serve as a guide for those who wish to visit the Hollow Valley in hope of finding the Diamond Back Dwarves
- Hallow Valley is North East on the Continent of Felicia and legend states that it is where the secret passage to the underground city of Gurduck (Grr-Duck) is. Home of the mountain dwarves known as the Diamond Back dwarves for the few weapons or shields that have made it outside their home of pure diamond.
Much to the PC of Morva’s chagrin, he still gets some facts wrong in roleplaying >.<