Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 15:33 — 11.0MB)
Join the audio adventure RSS
Let’s be honest, this posted by accident. Don’t get me wrong this is something we wanted to share with you guys, but it wasn’t scheduled to post today. So enjoy the little audio component with me and Reid if you can and dig into some of the story lore if you desire. Thanks for your support, enjoy the by accident bonus episode.
- Quarion’s father is Penlod Xiloscient: Duke of Merici (Mare-uh-see). He is part of the original elves who inhabited the land that was claimed by and united as Felicia (Fe-li-see-a) by Human Murdok Stromal 350 years ago.
- Penlod has never taken Quarion off the estate. Quarion has noticed over time that is father is a great deal of a shut in and also not completely sane. He has an unhealthy obsession with rapiers so much so that he has spent more time with them then Quarion, he claims that the halls of his keep are a better place than the rest of the world, and he grumbles angrily to himself sometimes when alone as if he is fighting with someone.
- Being of a noble line, with a father who was there to see it all happen, Quarion was privileged to learn the true history behind Felicia’s uniting. The history told and taught by others under orders of the last 9 rulers.
- The human Murdok Stromal came to the land with ten thousand men of many races, majority elven and human. They were all slaves until Murdok led a rebellion and they fled from their land across the Tiber (Tib-er) ocean. They worked within a plant creating clockworks for a man known as the Emerald King in the land of Samara, and had stolen parts over time to build a large raft like hovercraft which Murdok had designed. When it was completed Murdok convinced all the plant workers across a large whole of the land’s assemblies to destroy their work places and those clockworks that were in charge of reporting back to the King or winding his soldiers. They made it to the Land now known as Felicia and vowed to gain support through alliances and use their tools and knowledge to build up a force to protect if the Emerald King sent minions across the Ocean. Felicia was mainly inhabited by spaced out families of Elves, some druidic in nature, sects of dwarves which kept separate from the elves, and a united society of Dragonborns with provinces throughout the land. The elves welcomed their brothers in the race among their people and supported their brother’s friends. The dwarfs were promised technology from Samara if they were to share their land and help. But the Dragonborns threatened to send the slaves back to their master as this was their way and beliefs. Because of this the elves out of a desire to protect their kin, the dwarves interested in the technology, and Murdok with his army of ten thousand went to each province and asked for amnesty, if this was not granted they were forced to destroy that province. Ultimately to this day no one has ever come from Samara to regain their slaves.
- Elven history- Murdok had found safety and employment by the elves who allowed them to live alongside their people. This though was not enough for Murdock who, though free, felt as though he just went from working from one master to another. He schemed with his now freed elven companions to sow the need for a united kingdom due to the threat that the Emerald King would be to their land and how he would ravage nature with his poison. The elves being peaceful people who desperately desired to protect nature were easily convinced. Murdok set forth himself as leader and with the support of his elves brought his united treaty to all the people of the land. The dwarves joined the nation for technology to sunder stone like never before and cut precious stones in ways never thought achievable. The elves agreed to rule provinces of land they already owned and take on the exiles. But the Dragonborn people did not fear the Emerald King and were content, not being part of a nation. They were not against its formation, only asked to keep their land and be worked around within the nation as separate territories. Murdock feared a people not under his control and spread the lie among all the people that the Dragonborns would sell them back to the Emerald King. That they were a threat to unity and peace. Murdok’s ten thousand’s fear of slavery, the Elves fear of destruction of their nature, and the Dwarves fear of loss of precious stone fed the lie until all were willing to raid peaceful Dragonborn camps without discussion with its people or warning. Killing many and driving them North from the South. The battle continued until it reached the mountains of Veyrin where an estimated population of 40 Dragonborns destroyed a great army of 4000 pursuing soldiers within one day. Penlod was not a fighter but there was a tale of the God’s of the Dragon’s ending this internal war. With the Dragonborn number so few by this point Murdok completed his kingdom preparation of clearing out most of the internal lands and began building up his army and empire.
- In time the technology his fellow slaves produced convinced and replaced the olden ways of many elves who found lives of leisure. They were attracted to the life within cities and the affluence it brought (elves being the primary land owners and richest) moved from their forests there. This is the fate of much of the south where elves sold their land as stock in trading to technology tycoons or unions who wished to rise on the economic ladder. There are a few noble elves in the north who have not forsaken their ways, maybe due to their resolve or maybe to the distance from these great and enticing cities.
- Merici is located just north of the capitol in what would be considered midland. Its land is fertile due to its location on the fork of Trinada (Felicia’s largest and longest river) and Trina (a river that forks off of Trinada. The land of Merici serves as basic training for the nation’s army and has been so since Murdok started the nation. Additionally Penlod collects monthly salary for the use of his land and pays no taxes for the past 350 years.
- Quarion’s Mother is unknown and left while he was very young. His father has never given him information other than that she ran away with a lot of money. Quarion has never seen his father leave the estate and does not believe he ever chased after her.
- North on Trinada is a small farming town known as Galdahon which supplies food to Merici for the army and Penlod. It is a different kind of Farm in that the Elvish owner Rog is direct descendant of the original owner (still alive) Yiren. The farm is known for its natural/druidic way of caring for the land and employs elves, half elves, and humans as equal owners of the estate. Some argue that its food is the best but many in a blind test cannot tell the difference.
- Quarion, still respectful towards his father, has asked to take leave to learn and experience the country in which he will inherit a keep. He has headed north and reaches Fingon’s Farm outside of Tribeck when the story starts.